Monday, November 5, 2018

T-Day

I had meant to update this a little sooner but...life.
Last week was pretty wonderful, in all honesty.
I was lucky enough to be able to take Armin out for Halloween. The day got so busy that I was really only able to snap one good picture of him in his (and my brother's girlfriend, Jess's) costume while visiting them. Ladies and gentlemen, behold, Bumblebee - Taco Edition:
Yep, he's mine, alright 😉.
While I was out with him, my phone notified me of a new email from SDFC. I was in a hurry so I just caught a glimpse of the first little bit of the email which happily said "We have good news! We are ready to move forward with a FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) date!".
Butterflies.
I generally try to not respond to things that aren't urgent until I have time to myself to look at my phone a little more. And this was Halloween, I really enjoy going around trick-or-treating with Armin.
I tell ya, though, that phone was burning a hole in my pocket by the time I was able to look at that email.
After getting the Hurricane down from his sugar high and into bed, I checked out what the email had to say.
December 4th is the big day! Less than a month from now, we will be setting sail on this experience. The guys are also planning on being in San Diego for the transfer so I will officially get to meet them in person. I'm equally excited for both experiences 😊.
The email also went through a run-down of how the next few weeks leading up to the FET will go. Basically, it will look very similar to the mock cycle we went through last month. I will have a baseline ultrasound and bloodwork, get the go-ahead to start hormones, take the hormones with weekly ultrasounds and bloodwork to monitor how ready my body is. Alright, I've got this.
The email also stated that I will then fly out with a companion to San Diego the day before the transfer, which is when I will hopefully get to meet DJ and JP. After the transfer, I am to stay on pretty strict bedrest - I will only be able to get up to go to the bathroom and get food. I mean really, as a working mother, you really don't have to tell me twice to just spend the day lounging in bed 😛. Then I'll get to return home where I'll have a 20lb lifting restriction until I have a blood pregnancy test (hCG).
I'm just still in awe that this is happening. I'm so thankful to be at this point and I feel lucky to be doing this with these two guys. I have also thought about it a little more, and if all goes well, we will have the results back a little bit before Christmas. I'm not terribly religious but I do love the season and two sticky little ones would be a remarkable reason to add to the celebration 💚.
So, for now, a little more waiting. It's already going by quickly so I'm sure December 4th will be here sooner than we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment